Mumbai firm with Rs. 525 crore orders on hand, to start COVID-19 essentials production at facilities in GujaratMay 13, 2020
Mumbai: Suumaya Lifestyle Limited today announced it has bagged several orders aggregating Rs 525 crores (approximately) from various government institutions and private companies across India for the supply of COVID-19 essentials, reusable cotton masks and PPE kits. This order comes at a time when cities such as Mumbai, Delhi and Ahmedabad are reeling under a high number of COVID19 positive cases.
Suumaya plans to supply nearly 50 lakh reusable cotton masks and 35 lakh PPE kits over the next 5 months. The entire production to execute these orders would be processed at Suumaya’s exclusive contracted manufacturing facilities at Surat, Ahmedabad and Mumbai. The company has taken necessary measures to raise the funds to adequately meet the working capital requirements for smooth execution of these projects.
Commenting on receiving the order, Mr. Ushik Gala, Chairman of Suumaya Lifestyle Limited said, “Work has already begun on a war footing basis at our factories situated in Surat and Ahmedabad to supply the COVID19 essentials in the shortest possible time.”
Mr. Gala added, “Of the total orders which we have received, Rs 65 crores is from various State Governments while Rs 15 crores is from various Central Government Agencies. In addition to this we have also received orders worth Rs 400 crores from Zilingo, a unicorn start-up backed by various global VC funds and Rs 45 crores from various MNCs and corporate.”
- Photo of long queue for Dalwada goes viral as Amdavad receives rain; AMC shuts the shop
- Rainfall continuing in Ahmedabad; two gates of Vasna barrage opened by AMC
- 1081 poles, 40,000 trees felled, 159 roads damaged, power cut in 2,437 villages, 3 deaths: Rupani on Tauktae cyclone impact
- Power supply affected in over 4,000 villages due to cyclone Tauktae: GUVNL
- Tauktae moving at 7 kmph speed, 165 km away from Ahmedabad at 11.30 am; further weakens
- No report of any death due to Tauktae cyclone: Gujarat govt official
- First batch of anti-COVID drug 2-DG developed by DRDO launched
- Day-time restrictions and night curfew to continue for 3 more days: Rupani