Gujarat govt forms committee led by Hasmukh Adhia to suggest economic revival measuresMay 13, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today announced formation of a committee to suggest economic revival measures. The committee will give its interim recommendation report within two weeks and final report within a month period.
The committee is led by former finance secretary of India and retired IAS Dr. Hasmukh Adhia. Retired IIMA professor Ravindra Dholakia, senior tax consultant Mukesh Patel, financial expert Pradip Shah and retired senior IAS officer Kirit Shelat are members of this committee while serving IAS officer M Thennarsan is member secretary of this committee.
The committee will make estimates of sectoral and sub-sectoral economic losses and give sector-specific recommendations. It will also assess the fiscal budget condition and suggest measures for its improvement. The committee will also give suggestions on easy availability of laborers. It will suggest policy to attract foreign investment. The committee will recommend steps for short, medium and long term economic revival. It will recommend the steps that are needed to be taken for Gujarat to stay on number one position in post Covid19 pandemic world.
These details were shared by Ashwani Kumar, Secretary, Gujarat Chief Minister’s office in his daily online briefing today.
- As India unlocks, Honda 2Wheelers retailed over 1.15 lac units in May 2020
- Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad city in latest updated figures
- After HC order, Gujarat govt lifts requirement of approval for Covid-19 tests for 6 categories of patients
- We will definitely get our growth back: PM Modi addressing CII annual session
- Deep Depression over Arabian Sea: Cyclone Alert for north Maharashtra - south Gujarat coasts
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 17,217; New 423 cases in 24 hours including 314 in Ahmedabad