1958 Gujaratis return to motherland in special flights under Vande Bharat MissionMay 27, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today said, as many as 1958 Gujaratis returned to mother land under Vande Bharat Mission so far from 11 countries including UK, Kuwait, Philippines, Australia, France, Indonesia, Singapore and others. Special flights were operated during 12-17 May.
The Government said, 1869 Gujaratis will return to motherland during 29 May to 9 June from UAE, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, UK and USA.
Vande Mataram Mission was launched on May 7 to facilitate return of Indians stranded abroad. The first flight to Ahmedabad arrived from USA with 135 Gujaratis. Country wise figures of Gujaratis who returned under Vande Bharat Mission are – Kuwait-146, Phillipines-155, UK-303, Malaysia-48, Indonesia-38, UK-132, USA-73, Australia-217, Philipines-177(another flight), Singapore-93, Belarus-102, Canada-176 and France-66.
The second phase of Vande Bharat Mission has started on May 16 and will continue till June 13.
Upcoming flights include UAE(29 and 31 May), Oman(30 May), Qatar(30th May), Kuwait(1st June), UK(8th June, two flights), USA(9th June, two flights). In these special flights 486 will return from UK, 638 from USA, and 745 from Gulf countries – in total 1869 Gujaratis.
- આવી રહ્યો છે, માસ્ક ન પહેરનારાઓ માટે ફરજિયાત કોવિડ સેન્ટરમાં સેવા આપવાનો હુકમ
- AMC declares 28 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat govt announce changes and exemptions in Contract Labour Act and in Inter-State Migrant Workman Act
- BJP is certain to win hard earned Rajya Sabha seat of late Ahmed Patel in by-poll
- Highest in a day so far, 1607 new cases of Covid19 reported in Gujarat: State health department
- No Prima Facie Case Against Arnab Goswami in Abetment to Suicide Case: Supreme Court
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot