Lockdown 5 guidelinesMay 30, 2020
New Delhi: MHA issues new set of guidelines –
-Religious places to open to public from June 8. Hotels, restaurants and shopping malls also to open from June 8.
-Lockdown limited to containment zones till June 30. Containment zones to be demarcated by State governments. Only essential activities allowed there.
-No restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons of goods. No separate permission/approval/e-permit required.
-Night curfew relaxed: Only from 9 pm to 5 am.
-Senior citizens, persons with co-morbidities, children below 10 years advised to stay home. But if a state/UT based on public health reasons decide to regulate movement of persons, it will give wide publicity in advance regarding the restrictions and the related procedures to be followed.
-In phase II of relaxations (decision to be taken in July) schools, colleges will be opened in consultation with states/UTs and Central ministries, other stakeholders.
-In phase III, based on assessment of the situation, decision on following activities to be taken: interaction air travel of passengers, metro rail, cinema halls, gyms, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, social/political/religious gatherings.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad