As India unlocks, Honda 2Wheelers retailed over 1.15 lac units in May 2020June 02, 2020
Gandhinagar: Post government relaxations in Lockdown 3.0 and subsequently 4.0, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt.Ltd. (HMSI) said it recommenced two-wheeler dispatches in May and closed the month with total sales of 54,820 two-wheelers. This includes 54,000 domestic dispatches and 820 two-wheeler exports.
Honda also announced that its 2Wheeler retail sales in May’20 crossed the 1.15 lac unit-mark and over 10.5 lac two-wheelers were serviced at Honda workshops across India. Moreover, Honda BS-VI two-wheeler cumulative sales crossed a new high of 6 lac units during the month.
Elaborating on pick-up in business momentum, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “May’20 saw the wheels of business start turning slowly after the zero dispatch in the month of April’20. By now, a sizable 70% of Honda dealerships have resumed their operations. With sufficient availability of six BSVI products at our network (3 scooter & 3 motorcycle models), our network was able to kick off initial sales momentum crossing over 1.15 lac retails in May’20. In the new Coronial Era, Honda dealerships are increasingly promoting digital contactless customer engagement. An early encouraging sign based on our survey is that close to 80% of the intenders are looking forward to purchase their favourite Honda 2Wheeler within 3 months of the lockdown opening. Moreover, there is an increased propensity of the buyers preferring a two-wheeler over public transport for daily commuting, in this time of social distancing. Our network has swiftly realigned their operations to welcome them & meet new expectations of the Customers. On the BS-VI front, #AQuietRevolution from Honda continues to change the game with over 6 lac BS-VI two-wheelers of Honda dispatched to the market. Parallely, Honda is accelerating its product development schedules to recover on the lockdown delays. We are happy to announce our first launch in FY’21 – the all new CD 110 Dream BSVI (Honda’s 7th BS-VI model) at an attractive price starting from – Rs. 62,729*.” (* price ex-showroom Ahmedabad)
May 2020 saw Honda’s entire ecosystem including dealers & suppliers rebooting their operations. Over 70% of Honda dealers have by now resumed Sales & Service operations. Parallely, as 100% of Honda’s 308 supplier plants got approvals to restart operations, Honda also recommenced production at its Narsapura plant (Karnataka) from 25th May, with other 3 plants at Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Vithalapur (Gujarat) following from the 1st week of June in a staggered manner.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad