Somnath Temple to reopen for limited hours with set of norms for pilgrimsJune 03, 2020
Somnath: As per the instruction and guidance from the government, all the temples under Shri Somnath Trust including Somnath Mandir, Bhalka Tirth Mandir, Shri Ram Mandir, Shri Ahilyabai Mandir, Shri Bhidiya Mandir and Shri Gita Mandir will reopen for pilgrims from June 8.
Shri Somnath temple will remain open for limited hours during 7.30 to 11.30 am and 12.30 to 6.30 pm. No pilgrim will be allowed inside the temples during Aarti time in order to prevent crowding.
Wearing mask has been made mandatory for pilgrims entering the temple. Temperature of each pilgrim will also be checked during entry. Sanitize tunnel is going to be created. Each pilgrim will need to pass through this tunnel. A queue will be regulated in order to maintain social distancing norms. Each visitor will need to stand at marked place in queue.
Flowers, prasadi and other material brought from outside the temple will need to be offered at designated place. Pilgrims will need to leave the temple immediately after darshan.
A help desk will be set up for the period of 8-30 June for visitors.
These details have been shared by Shri Somnath Trust in a statement issued today.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad