Widespread rainfall forecast for South Gujarat regionJune 03, 2020
Ahmedabad: According to weather office here, heavy rainfall warning has been issued for Narmada and Chhota Udepur as the Nisarga Cyclone system may move on north-east side eventually.
There has been heavy rain forecast for extreme South Gujarat areas. While South Gujarat is likely to receive widespread rainfall, the North Gujarat and Saurashtra regions of the State are expected to have scattered rains. There has been no heavy rainfall or strong wind forecast for coastal Saurashtra and Kutch.
While ports on Saurashtra/Kutch coast are hoisging distant warning signal number 2 (DW-2) , the Southern Gujarat ports are hoisting Local Cautionary Signal (LCS) – 3 signals.
Light to moderate rainfall at most places with heavy to very heavy falls at isolated places over south Gujarat region(Valsad, Navsari, Dang, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Surat districts)during next 24 hours.
Gale wind,speed reaching 60-80 kmph gusting to 90 kmph, likely along & off Valsad, Navsari districts of Gujarat,Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and along & off northeast Arabian Seaand 60-70 kmph gusting to 80 kmph along & off Surat & Bharuch districts of south Gujaratfrom today the 03rdJune noon.
The Sea condition is very likely to be very rough to High over northeast Arabian Sea along & off south Gujarat coast till today, the 3rd June evening
- AMC teams seal eateries for violation of Covid19 pandemic related rules
- Hakubha denies nexus with wanted mafia Jayesh alias Jaysukh; Nathwani posts indicative tweet; another Audio of mafia Jayesh comes to light
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 22
- PM Modi makes strong pitch for India's inclusion as permenent member of UNSC
- No State level Navratri Mahotsav this year by Gujarat government
- BJP chief JP Nadda announces National Office Bearers of Party; Bhavnagar MP Bhartiben Shiyal made Vice President
- Bills passed in recently concluded Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly 2020
- Ahead of assembly seat by-poll, three taluka panchayat members join BJP in Dang