Operation Samudra Setu – INS Shardul brings back 233 to Gujarat from IranJune 12, 2020
Porbandar: INS Shardul, deployed for Operation Samudra Setu, entered Porbandar harbour with 233 Indian Nationals onboard, who were earlier evacuated from Bandar Abbas port in Iran.
Personnel from Indian Navy, State authorities and Police were present to receive the evacuees. All arrangements including a screening zone, a sanitisation zone, availability of ambulances and buses for transport were put in place at the port.
The evacuees were disembarked and were taken for medical screening at the jetty followed by Customs clearance and other formalities. The evacuees thereafter boarded buses arranged to take them to the designated quarantine zones. District wise details of the evacuees had already been forwarded to the administration beforehand.
Operation Samudra Setu is the Indian Navy’s contribution to the Govt. of India’s national efforts to facilitate return of Indian citizens from foreign shores. So far a total of 3107 Indian citizens have been brought back from Maldives (2188), Sri Lanka (686) and Iran (233) by Indian Naval ships Jalashwa, Magar and Shardul.
- Watch: Sardar bridge over Sabarmati dresses permanent lighting decoration
- Mamlatdar, middleman nabbed by ACB Gujarat in Rs. 25 lakh bribe case
- 17,581 vaccinated in Gujarat against Covid19 (first dose)
- AIMIM appoints former MLA Sabir Kabliwala as president of party's Gujarat unit
- Large number of BTP cadres join BJP in Chhotu Vasava stronghold Jhagadia
- SRFD Project leases office space to RBI at Riverfront House
- AC River Cruise in Sabarmati operating from Thursday
- Gujarat government announces Horticulture Development Mission; Padtar land of Govt to be leased for cultivation