SC stays Rath Yatra in Jagannath Puri; PIL filed in Gujarat HC to stay Ahmedabad Rath YatraJune 18, 2020
New Delhi/Ahmedabad: The Supreme Court today stayed the annual Rath Yatra at Puri’s Jagannath Temple in Odisha which was to be organized on June 23.
Supreme Court said: Lord Jagannath will forgive us if we stay the Rath Yatra this year. Such gatherings can’t take place at the time of the COVID19 pandemic. In the interest of public health and safety of citizens, Rath Yatra can’t be allowed this year.
In other development, a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed by a journalist through lawyer Aum Kotwal in the Gujarat High Court to stay annual Rath Yatra which is to be held in Ahmedabad on June 23.
- Suzuki's Gujarat plant rolls out millionth car in 45 months, fastest Suzuki plant to achieve this
- Final user trial of NAG Missile carried out
- Govt of India announces further relaxation in visa and travel restrictions
- JioPages - the made in India browser is here
- Third India-U.S. 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue on October 27
- Rare dual transplant at IKDRC
- Gujarat BJP suspends three office bearers for their rebel candidature in by-polls
- India - England pink ball Test early next year in Ahmedabad: BCCI president Sourav Ganguly