73% trust PM Modi on National Security: CVoter SurveyJune 23, 2020
New Delhi: Amid the ongoing border tensions with China, an overwhelming majority in India believe that China is a bigger problem to the country in comparison to neighbouring Pakistan. According to a survey conducted by CVoter, 68 per cent of Indians say that China poses a major concern to India than Pakistan while the remaining 32 per cent believe the latter does.
While conducting the survey, the agency questioned Indian citizens whether they think the Indian government has taken concrete steps to give China a befitting reply. Responding to this, over 39 per cent Indians responded in favour of India stating that ‘Yes’ the Modi government has given a harsh response to China for the Galwan valley attack that claimed lives of over 20 Indian soldiers. However, 60% still believe the Chinese haven’t been paid back, or the killing of our soldiers is yet to be avenged.
The survey respondents also laid high trust in the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party-led NDA government as 73.6 per cent Indian said that they have confidence in Prime Minister Modi more than the opposition parties. Merely 16.7 per cent of Indians responded in favour of Opposition while 9.6 per cent Indian hold that neither Opposition, not the ruling government of India are capable of handling the ongoing dispute with China.
Comparing PM Modi and Congress Rahul Gandhi, Indian citizens showed a higher inclination towards the prime minister instead of the former Congress chief. According to the poll, 61% showed no faith in Rahul Gandhi, who has been attacking the government for its ‘failed diplomacy’ and turning borders vulnerable.
As stated in the survey report, 72.6 per cent said they trust Modi on national security while 14.4 per cent said they do have some faith in Rahul Gandhi.
68% of the surveyed lot believe people of India will boycott Chinese products while 31 per cent think that people will continue to buy goods from China no matter what.
- Indian Army to order 72,000 assault rifles from America through Fast Track Procedure
- 138 land plots at GIDC, Chhatar Mittanna, Tankara to be allocated by e-draw through video conferencing
- 3 Months Extension for Re import of Cut and Polished Diamonds
- Qualcomm Ventures, investment arm of Qualcomm incorporated to invest Rs. 730 crore in Jio Platforms
- AMC declares 14 new micro containment areas, removes one
- 879 new cases of Covid-19 detected in Gujarat in 24 hours