Massive fire in Sanand based Unicharm factory unit; entire plant gutted, no casualties reportedJune 24, 2020
Sanand: Fire broke out at a factory unit of Unicharm Gujarat Pvt Ltd in GIDC industrial estate in Sanand today.
According to Chief Fire Officer of AMC, Shri Minoch Dastoor, 27 fire tenders are present at the spot with 100 fire jawans. Fire-fighting is underway. No casualties has been reported so far.
Dastoor said, ‘entire 400 meter by 400 meter plant has been caught in fire. We are trying to save compressors that can blast and fly in the air. 27 fire tenders are from AMC and others from private companies. In total 32 fire vehicles are on the task. When we entered the scene, the entire plant was caught in fire. There’s a shortage of water here. Fire is so massive that another 50 vehicles would require to douse it. Fire dousing job may continue in the evening.’
Unicharm Corporation is a Japanese company that manufactures disposable hygiene products, household cleaning products, specializing in the manufacture of diapers for both babies and adult incontinence, feminine hygiene products and pet care products.
The company has operations in 80 countries.
HM Amit Shah moves NDRF
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah has personally reviewed the situation of fire incident which took place in Unicharm company at Sanand and directed NDRF to rush immediately and start rescue work there, said District Collector of Ahmedabad today.
He added that along with NDRF, more than 35 fire fighter vehicles with more than 270 staff of fire brigade are working to control the situation which is being closely monitored by administration.
Shah meanwhile tweeted that instruction has been given for NDRF team to reach the spot imidiately.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow