Sitharaman asks police for timely action in Surat lady banker attack caseJune 24, 2020
New Delhi:A couple of days after a woman bank employee was attacked in Surat city of Gujarat, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday said that she has spoken to officials concerned in the incident and asked for timely action in the case.
‘Will be closely following this matter. Wish to assure that the safety of all members of staff in banks is of importance for us. Amid challenges, banks are extending all services to our people. Nothing should threaten their safety and dignity,’ Ms Sitharaman said in her tweet.
The Minister said that she spoke to Dr Dhaval Patel, Collector, Surat, on the incident of a woman employee of Canara Bank — erstwhile Syndicate Bank — a Bank being assaulted on the premises.
Video goes viral
A constable has been booked by Surat Police for manhandling a lady banker; Video of the incident is viral pic.twitter.com/f0dEGzO2iU
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) June 23, 2020
- ACB Gujarat nabs Jail Superintendent, jailer in Rs. 1.32 lakh bribe case
- PM Modi wearing a special Pagh from Jammagar
- Live: State level Republic Day function of Gujarat at Dahod
- Mohan Bhagwat unfurls national tricolor at RSS Gujarat headquarters
- Live: 72nd Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi
- Vadodara politician attacked by Water supply department official of VMC; video goes viral
- Keshubhai Patel conferred with Padma Bhushan, Naresh Mahesh Kanodia Padmashri posthumous
- Vadodara - Ankleshwar Express Way by November 2021