Five of Eight former Congress MLAs who had resigned ahead of Rajya Sabha polls join BJP todayJune 27, 2020
Gandhinagar: Five of eight former Congress MLAs who resigned from the membership of State Assembly ahead of recently concluded four-seat Rajya Sabha elections were today inducted to ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at party’s State headquarters ‘Kamalam’ today.
Five Congress MLAs who resigned in the month of March this year are Pravin Maru from Gadhada(SC), Pradyumansinh Jadeja from Abdasa, Soma Koli Patel from Limbdi, J V Kakadia from Dhari and Mangal Gavit from Dang(ST). Another three then Congress MLAs who resigned in the month of June are Akshay Patel from Karjan(SC), Jitu Chaudhary from Kaprada (ST) and Brijesh Merja from Morbi.
Of these eight MLAs, five namely Jadjea from Abdasa, Kakadia from Dhari, Akshay Patel from Karjan, Jitu Chaudhary from Kaprada and Brijesh Merja from Morbi have joined BJP today in presence of State party chief Jitu Vaghani and other party leaders.
District BJP chiefs, district BJP general secretaries, former MLAs of related districts, MLAs and MPs from related districts among others were present on this occasion.
By-elections on 8 seats are likely to be held by September end.
- Incidents of throwing acid on cows
- Four bills to be moved on the fourth day of Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly
- MoU signed for Rs. 1250 crore industrial plants in Kutch
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 19
- Gujarat Assembly passes four labour reform bills in a day
- NHSRCL opens technical bids for one of biggest tenders covering 47% of MAHSR alignment and 4 stations
- ACB nabs Dy Mamlatdar for receiving bribe to approve NA approval to Agriculture land
- Narendra Modi, Virat Kohli, Milind Soman, others to participate in Fit India Dialogue