Two Jain Monks arrested over complaint of ten-year old incident of sexual abuse with a 75-year old ladyJune 28, 2020
Idar: Leading Jain community member of Idar, Dr. Ashit Doshi had file complaint earlier this week against two Jain monks of Pavapuri Jal Mandir for sexual abuse with a 35-year old Surat based woman on 27 December 2019. However when Idar Police visited Surat for questioning, the victim women took U-turn and said she had captured video of Jain monks sexually abusing her as per instruction of Dr. Doshi.
This had made difficult situation for Police, as on one hand Jain community members were demanding arrests of two monks, while on the other hand the victim had taken different stand.
However on Saturday afternoon, Idar Police arrested accused Jain monks on complaint of a 75-year old lady from Idar. Complainant lady told police that Raja Maharaj, one of accused Jain monks had tried to sexually abuse her about ten years ago and pushed her to bed. Police arrested both Jain monks and took them to Civil hospital for medical check up. The accused were later taken to Idar Police station.
Meanwhile, the people from Jain community gathered outside the police station with shirts and pent and asked police to dress both accused in these cloths, claiming that they were not suitable for monk like dresses anymore for what they have done.
- આવી રહ્યો છે, માસ્ક ન પહેરનારાઓ માટે ફરજિયાત કોવિડ સેન્ટરમાં સેવા આપવાનો હુકમ
- AMC declares 28 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat govt announce changes and exemptions in Contract Labour Act and in Inter-State Migrant Workman Act
- BJP is certain to win hard earned Rajya Sabha seat of late Ahmed Patel in by-poll
- Highest in a day so far, 1607 new cases of Covid19 reported in Gujarat: State health department
- No Prima Facie Case Against Arnab Goswami in Abetment to Suicide Case: Supreme Court
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot