Jio, BSNL continue to add mobile subscribers in Gujarat: TRAIJune 29, 2020
Ahmedabad:A month before national lockdown hit India, the telecom industry had started feeling the heat. The industry continued witnessing fall in the mobile subscription numbers in Gujarat. However, Jio and BSNL continues to add new numbers in the month of February 2020.
The telecom regulatory, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) on Monday released a report on mobile subscription number ending on February 29, 2020. The report says that Jio added 2.92 lakh numbers and BSNL added over 13,000 mobile subscribers. After rise, Jio had total 2.36 crore mobile users and BSNL had 61.11 lakh numbers.
Overall, the industry in Gujarat witnessed net fall of 6.87 lakh mobile numbers from 6.79 crore numbers in January 2020 to 6.72 crore numbers in February 2020. The fall was led by Vodafone Idea with 9.84 lakh mobile subscribers, followed by Airtel with fall of over 9,000 subscribers.
Vodafone Idea, which is market leader in customer market share, had 2.63 crore subscribers after losing subscribers in February in Gujarat. Airtel had 1.10 crore subscribers after witnessing fall in the month.
In February, as Gujarat had total 6.72 crore mobile subscribers, Vodafone Idea had customer market share of 39.23%. Jio, which is second largest in the state, has 35.22% of customer market share, followed by Airtel with 16.45% and BSNL with 9.09% share.
Nationally, India had total 116.05 crore subscribers in February, says the report. The net new mobile users added to the list in the month are 41.46 lakh. Off the total net additions, Jio added 62.57 lakh users, followed by Airtel with 9.22 lakh additions and BSNL added 4.39 lakh. Vodafone Idea, nationally too, witnessed heavy fall in numbers with loss of 34.67 lakh users in the month.
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020
- Two Universities in Gujarat to get national status
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Areas
- PM Modi to inaugurate and address VAIBHAV summit on 2nd October
- News in brief from across Gujarat