Congress party cadres held for posters surfaced in the city on Rath YatraJuly 01, 2020
Ahmedabad: Posters over Rath Yatra controversy, had surfaced at certain places in the city with photograph of Mahant Dilipdas.
The State government had taken notice of this and directed city police to investigate into it.
Accordingly, city’s Vastrapur police through CCTV footage has identified and nabbed four persons including ward level Congress leader today. One of four persons held is president of Congress party’s Ghatlodia ward unit, while others are Congress cadres according to police.
According to Vastrapur police, the accused are booked under IPC 153B, 505(2), 114 and Press Act section 3 and 12.
Vastrapur Police said further investigation was going on in this case and more sections will be applied if found necessary.
It’s worth noting that Rath Yatra procession couldn’t take place this year in the city following which Mahant of Saraspur Mandir had walked to Jagannath Mandir and sought death before murtis of God. The posters had text mentioning the same, However the photo in the poster depicted Jagannath Mandir Mahant Dilipdas instead of Saraspur Mandir Mahant. The posters in a way had message that Mahant was seeking death in the State belonging to ‘Hindu thekedars’.
-Three types of posters were put up at 15 places in Vastrapur and Satellite police station areas.
– CCTV footage near Ahmedabad International school was useful. Jitendra Sharma and two other persons have been rounded up.
– A person who designed the poster is Sagar Ajmal Desai who has his office in Satellite.
– Posters were printed by Rashidbhai in wall city area.
– Four persons have been rounded up and booked.
- In photos: Amdavad ahead of PM Modi's visit to inaugurate India's first water aerodrome
- ACB Gujarat nabs two senior doctors of Civil hospital in Ahmedabad in bribe case
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zones at Mainagar, Makarba, Bopal, Gota, Kubernagar, Juhapura
- L&T Construction Awarded Mega Contract to build India’s first High-Speed Rail Corridor
- India INX and ICC gears up to begin trading of Depository Receipts on the exchange
- Pidilite acquires Consumer & Bazaar business of Araldite in Indian Sub-Continent
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel passes away
- First glimpses of how Lothal National Maritime Museum would look like