Gujarat govt decides to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority and set up Marine Skill Training CentreJuly 01, 2020
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Island Development Authority in its third meeting chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today decided to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority for all round development of the island and develop the Dwarka Industrial Training Institute (ITI) as Marine Skill Training Centre.
The meeting also decided to develop Pirotan Island near Jamnagar as Nature Related Activities Centre, including corals and bird watching spots.A presentation was made as to how to reach the island between ebb and tide. The meeting also decided to get a detailed planning of the Pirotan-Shial Bet-Bet Dwarka belt at a cost of Rs.108-crore by global experts in the field.
The Gujarat Island Development Authority was constituted in August last year for integrated development of 144-odd big and small islands, called ‘Bet’ in Gujarat, along the 1,600 km long coastline of the state.
- Big push to Atmanirbhar Bharat: Import ban on 101 defence items
- PM launches financing facility of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17