Review meeting held in Gandhinagar for Narmada water supply works for KutchJuly 02, 2020
Gandhinagar: Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today urged to complete the remaining 24 km long canal-works of Kutch branch canals, which are supplying Narmada-waters to Kutch, on priority basis.
In Gandhinagar today, the chief minister had held a high-level meeting to make a detail review of the works being done for supplying Narmada-waters to Kutch.
The meeting was also attended by Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Nitinbhai Patel and Minister of State Mr. Vasanbhai Ahir.
During the meeting, Dr. Rajiv Kumar Gupta, Additional Chief Secretary and Managing director of Narmada Nigam, had made power-point presentation to explain the details of the works done on Narmada Water Canals to Kutch. Of the total Kutch canal works of 357 km, so far, works of 333 km have been completed. And presently, the Narmada-waters are flowing up to 231 km, means up to Varshamedhi of Anjar Taluka.
Thus, now only 24 km long canal works are remaining to be completed. Of which, land acquisition work for 13.2 km long stretch is under progress, he added.
Of the three sub-branch canals of Kutch Branch Canal, the works of 57 km Gagodhar Branch canal has been completed and water is flowing up to its end. The works of 23 km long Vandhiya branch canal have almost completed. And works under progress for 1 kg long belt, the Chief Minister has given instructions to Kutch District Collector to finish the works of land acquisition and utility crossings on priority basis.
The meeting was also graced by Chief Secretary Mr. Anil Mukim, Mr. K. Kailashnathan – Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Mr. Jadav Secretary Water Resources Department, and Mr. Patel, Special Secretary.
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today
- Gujarat Assembly passes two bills on the first day of Monsoon Session 2020
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 20
- AMC seals famous food joints for pandemic rules violations
- Jio Cricket Play Along begins with cricket season
- Gujarat CM announces Rs. 3700 crore package for assistance to farmers hit by excess rains
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business