Former Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki critical, put on Ventilator supportJuly 07, 2020
Vadodara: Former Congress president of Gujarat, Bharatsinh Solanki’s health condition is critical and he has been kept on ventilator support at a private hospital in Ahmedabad. Solanki was earlier kept on high flow oxygen but his health parameters were showing no improvement.
67-year old leader was detected Covid-19 positive on June 23 in Vadodara. He was hospitalized in a private run Bankers hospital in Vadodara initially. Due to lack of proper recovery and worsening parameters, he was later on June 30 shifted to private run CIMS hospital in Ahmedabad as per the decision taken by his family and medical experts.
Around 15 per cent Covid-19 patients need Oxygen support, while 5 per cent need ventilator support.
Doctors of a private hospital in Ahmedabad, where former Union minister Bharatsinh Solanki is being treated for Covid-19, have consulted Dr Randeep Guleria, the director of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences).
Solanki’s urine, heart, kidney reports are reportedly normal.
Amit Chavda, the current state Congress president who visited the hospital to inquire about Solanki’s health yesterday said: “Doctors have consulted Dr Guleria and the top doctors of Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai.” Chavda said special injections to rapidly improve Solanki’s condition have also been given.
Solanki reportedly got infected with coronavirus during the June 19 Rajya Sabha election, which he contested as a Congress candidate. He came in close contact with a large number of people that day.
Solanki had been union minister in Congress-led UPA government. He is son of former Gujarat Chief Minister Madhavsinh Solanki.
- Big push to Atmanirbhar Bharat: Import ban on 101 defence items
- PM launches financing facility of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17