PM Narendra Modi to interact with Varanasi based NGOs that served needy people during lockdownJuly 08, 2020
New Delhi: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will interact with the residents of Varanasi and representatives of social organizations tomorrow via video conferencing to discuss their experience and showcase their efforts of making food available timely for everyone in need during the lockdown.
During the lockdown imposed in view of the COVID pandemic, the residents of Varanasi and members of more than 100 social organizations, through their own efforts as well as by providing assistance to the District Administration, distributed almost 20 lakh food packets and 2 lakh dry ration kits.
Apart from food distribution, these organizations were instrumental in distribution of masks, sanitizers etc. They have been honoured as ‘corona warriors’ by the District Administration.
These organizations serve in diverse fields including education, social, religious, health, hotels/social clubs and other professional sectors.
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today
- Gujarat Assembly passes two bills on the first day of Monsoon Session 2020
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 20
- AMC seals famous food joints for pandemic rules violations
- Jio Cricket Play Along begins with cricket season
- Gujarat CM announces Rs. 3700 crore package for assistance to farmers hit by excess rains