4.8 magnitude tremor felt in parts of Saurashra including Rajkot CityJuly 16, 2020
Rajkot: The tremors were felt in parts of Saurashtra region today morning including in Rajkot city and district areas. Many people in Rajkot city rushed out of their homes after feeling the quake and hearing accompanying noise at around 7.40 am. No reports of any damage to life and property are out so far. 2.5 to 5.4 magnitude tremors are often felt, but only cause minor damage. Annually 30,000 tremors of this magnitude are felt across the world.
According to National Center for Seismology, it was a 4.5 magnitude earthquake at 7.40.29 am.
Origin Time 2020-07-16 07:40:29 IST
Lat, Long 22.21, 70.93
Magnitude, Depth M: 4.5 – D: 10km
As per the State government:
Preliminary Magnitude: 4.8, Date: 16-07-2020 Time: 07:40:28 AM IST, Latitude: 22.158 Longitude: 70.910 Region: 19 KM SSE of Rajkot, Saurashtra
As per telephonic reports from Districts, primarily no report of damages.
- Gujarat govt order on class 3 to 8 school exams in August 2020
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 24
- 1118 new cases of covid19 recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat; highest 41,647 tests done
- CR likely to visit Saurashtra during 18-20 August
- PM Modi announces Rs 10,000 Crore Trans-Shipment Port In Great Nicobar Island
- India starts work on National War Museum project to showcase its rich military heritage
- Patient recovery rate over 76 per cent in Gujarat: Rupani in virtual meeting with PM
- AMC seals Murtimant Market in Ahmedabad; Gujarat's main hub of mobile phone business