ACB nabs Mamlatdar cum Executive Magistrate for receiving bribe in SuratJuly 16, 2020
Surat: A Mamlatdar cum Executive Magistrate (class-2 employee of State government) was held today for receiving Rs. 25,000 bribe in Mangrol taluka of Surat district in South Gujarat.
Accused Mangubhai Vasava had demanded Rs. 1 lakh bribe to issue an order for measurement of land. After bargaining with applicant (who is also complainant), Vasava fixed bribe deal for Rs. 75,000 with condition that Rs. 25,000 installment of bribe should be paid at application stage.
Complainant contacted Surat Rural Anti Corruption Bureau(ACB) police station, following which a trap was arranged. Vasava was held by ACB PI RK Solanki and team as soon as he received bribe money from complainant. NP Gohil of ACB Surat supervised the operation.
- Gujarat govt order on class 3 to 8 school exams in August 2020
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 24
- 1118 new cases of covid19 recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat; highest 41,647 tests done
- CR likely to visit Saurashtra during 18-20 August
- PM Modi announces Rs 10,000 Crore Trans-Shipment Port In Great Nicobar Island
- India starts work on National War Museum project to showcase its rich military heritage
- Patient recovery rate over 76 per cent in Gujarat: Rupani in virtual meeting with PM
- AMC seals Murtimant Market in Ahmedabad; Gujarat's main hub of mobile phone business