Ram Janmabhoomi Temple construction likely to begin on August 3 or 5, PM Modi to pick date: Trust officialJuly 18, 2020
Update: It is learnt that the PM has chosen August 5 for Bhoomi Poojan of Shri Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. As per Hindu Panchang it will be Bhadra Paksha Dwitiay. The timing of the ceremony would be 11 am to 1.10 pm.
Ayodhya: Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Temple construction is likely to begin on either August 3 or August 5 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi picks one of the two dates suggested by the Ram Temple trust for the ‘Bhoomi Poojan’, marking the beginning of the construction, said a trust official. The trust met in Ayodhya earlier today especially to decide the date for beginning of the construction.
“We have sent to the Prime Minister two dates to choose from – either 3rd August or 5th August – as the date to lay down the foundation of the Ram Temple. The construction will begin on the date he deems fit,” ANI quoted Kameshwar Chaupal of the Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust as saying.
The Trust also announced that soil testing has begun for the laying of Ram Temple’s foundation.
“Larsen & Toubro is collecting samples for soil testing. Drawings of the temple’s foundation will be made on the basis of the strength of soil 60 m below. Work to lay down the foundation will begin on the basis of the drawing,” news agency ANI quoted Champat Rai, General Secretary, Sri Ram Janmabhoomi Tirth Kshetra Trust as saying.
The trust also decided that the nitty-gritty of procuring marbles and bricks for the construction.
“Today it was decided that bricks will be provided by Sompura Marbles bricks. Larsen & Toubro will carry out their work and the work related to bricks will be carried out by Sompura Marbles. Together, they’ll build a grand temple,” Rai was quoted as saying by the agency.
On the front of raising money for temple construction, Rai added that the trust was planning an outreach to 10 crore families across 4 lakh localities in the country after the Monsoon season gets over.
Fixing a date in August for the “bhoomi poojan” for starting the construction of the temple, delayed due to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic, was on the agenda of the meet.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here