Online booking compulsory to visit Somnath temple during Shravan; passes will be available offline tooJuly 21, 2020
Somnath: Shri Somnath Trust has today in a statement said that pilgrims wishing to visit Somnath Mandir must book available slot online in advance. The Trust that operates Somnath and other temples in Prabhas Patan area has stated that online booking will be mandatory for visitors from next Saturday onward in wake of social distancing requirements and start of holy month of Shravan during which the number of daily visitors shoot up in extra ordinary proportion.
The Trust has made it clear that no visitor (even with pass) would be allowed in Mandir premises during aarti sessions. Mandir has also decided to limit the timings for visitors during 25 July to 19 August period ( 5.30 to 6.30 am, 7.30 to 11.30 am, 12.30 to 6.30 pm and 7.30 to 9.15 pm). Somnath Trust has decided to issue only 200 passes per hour during the period. None would be allowed to enter the temple campus without pass. This arrangement will begin from Saturday, July 25 and continue till August 19. Along with option of online booking, the passes will also be available from a counter at Old Pathikashram in Prabhas Patan.
Such decisions had to be taken after devotees gathered in so big numbers at Somnath Temple today morning (the first day of holy month of Shravan in Gujarat) that police found it difficult to handle the situation. A video clip featuring a person from crowd slapping a police man and facing lathicharge in return outside the Somnath temple has gone viral today.
Online passes will be available at a link on Somnath.Org website of Shri Somnath Trust.
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) July 21, 2020
- No daytime curfew, no lockdown to come: Gujarat Chief Minister
- PM Modi condoles the passing away of Diego Maradona
- PM Modi addresses 80th All India Presiding Officers Conference virtually at Kevadia in Gujarat
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19
- All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021
- Highest in a day till date, 1540 new cases of coronavirus reported in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital Ahmedabad renews MoU with Odisha Govt for two more years