Dhirubhai Ambani’s elder brother Ramnikbhai passes awayJuly 28, 2020
Ahmedabad: Founder of Reliance Industries Ltd late Shri Dhirubhai Ambani’s 95-year old Ahmedabad based brother Ramnikbhai Ambani passed away on Monday here. Dhirubhai had named Reliance’s Vimal textile brand after Ramnikbhai’a son Vimal. Gujarat’s energy minister Saurabh Patel is son in law of Ramnikbhai.
Born in Junagadh in 1924 to Hirachand and Jamunaben Ambani, Ramnikbhai was the eldest of three
brothers, Dhirubhai and Natubhai Ambani and had two sisters. He was instrumental in setting up the Vimal textile plant in Naroda, and served on the board of Reliance Industries until he was 90 years old. During his professional life he served on the Board of Directors of GIDC and GIIC. He served as Chairman of Sishu Mangal Trust, Junagardh. He passed away peacefully in his sleep at home on July 27th 2020 surrounded by his loved ones.
Ramnikbhai and Padmaben are survived by his children Nita, Meena, Ila & Vimal Ambani, five grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here