Dhirubhai Ambani’s elder brother Ramnikbhai passes awayJuly 28, 2020
Ahmedabad: Founder of Reliance Industries Ltd late Shri Dhirubhai Ambani’s 95-year old Ahmedabad based brother Ramnikbhai Ambani passed away on Monday here. Dhirubhai had named Reliance’s Vimal textile brand after Ramnikbhai’a son Vimal. Gujarat’s energy minister Saurabh Patel is son in law of Ramnikbhai.
Born in Junagadh in 1924 to Hirachand and Jamunaben Ambani, Ramnikbhai was the eldest of three
brothers, Dhirubhai and Natubhai Ambani and had two sisters. He was instrumental in setting up the Vimal textile plant in Naroda, and served on the board of Reliance Industries until he was 90 years old. During his professional life he served on the Board of Directors of GIDC and GIIC. He served as Chairman of Sishu Mangal Trust, Junagardh. He passed away peacefully in his sleep at home on July 27th 2020 surrounded by his loved ones.
Ramnikbhai and Padmaben are survived by his children Nita, Meena, Ila & Vimal Ambani, five grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists
- Gujarat govt - Adani sign MoU to set up India's largest multi-model logistic park at Virochannagar near Sanand
- Gujarat Tableau to showcase Modhera Sun Temple in Republic Day Parade in New Delhi