DG Police submits Draft of Gujarat Police Manual-2020 to CMJuly 30, 2020
Gandhinagar: Gujarat’s Director-General of Police Shivanand Jha submitted the Draft of Gujarat Police Manual-2020 to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani here today.
The draft prepared, first time after a gap of 45 years since 1975, incorporates the latest Acts, Rules and Regulations, developments in technology, after thoroughly reviewing each and every clause and section and changing rules found redundant, outdated and inconsistent in modern practice.
Gujarat thus becomes the second state after Andhra Pradesh to prepare a new police manual. The draft is in e-book pocket co-application form. It will be uploaded in the Gujarat Police website. The draft manual in English would be rendered into Gujarati so that it could be easily used by all the cadres of the Police Force. If needed, the manual will make necessary changes from time to time.
The draft manual is prepared in three parts. It encompasses such acts like CrPC, IPC, Evidence Act, POCSO, Act-2012, SC/ST Amendment Act 2015, Juvenile Justice (Child Protection Services) Act 2015, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act 2014 and Information Technology Act 2008.
It also extensively covers new technology related to investigating Cyber Crime, Forensic Lab, monitoring tools for Social Media, besides Economic Crimes like Multi-Level Marketing, Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) Case and organised crimes like Human Trafficking, Drug Trafficking, Transnational Terrorism.
It ensures the new Gujarat Police Manual-2020 proves helpful to the Gujarat Police Force in professionally and effectively provide safety of people and security of property, maintain peace and harmony in the society.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here