Ashish Bhatia is new chief of Gujarat Police, replaces Shivanand Jha as DGPJuly 31, 2020
Ahmedabad: Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad City, Ashish Bhatia has been mad new Director General of Police (DGP), Gujarat Police. Minister of State for Home in Gujarat, Pradipsinh Jadeja made this announcement today.
1985 batch Gujarat cadre IPS Ashish Bhatia replaces outgoing DGP Shivanand Jha who retired from his post due to age and was on three-month extension period which ended today.
Bhatia as 39th DGP of Gujarat Police will take over the new office on 1st August.
‘The State government had sent the names to UPSC in response to which, three-name panel was sent to the State. Of these three names, Ashish Bhatia was chosen for the post of DGP Gujarat,’ Jadeja said.
In reply to a query that who would replace Bhatia as Commissioner of Police in Ahmedabad, Jadeja said the decision in this regard will be out in day or two.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here