Ashish Bhatia is new chief of Gujarat Police, replaces Shivanand Jha as DGPJuly 31, 2020
Ahmedabad: Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad City, Ashish Bhatia has been mad new Director General of Police (DGP), Gujarat Police. Minister of State for Home in Gujarat, Pradipsinh Jadeja made this announcement today.
1985 batch Gujarat cadre IPS Ashish Bhatia replaces outgoing DGP Shivanand Jha who retired from his post due to age and was on three-month extension period which ended today.
Bhatia as 39th DGP of Gujarat Police will take over the new office on 1st August.
‘The State government had sent the names to UPSC in response to which, three-name panel was sent to the State. Of these three names, Ashish Bhatia was chosen for the post of DGP Gujarat,’ Jadeja said.
In reply to a query that who would replace Bhatia as Commissioner of Police in Ahmedabad, Jadeja said the decision in this regard will be out in day or two.
- PM Modi condoles the passing away of Diego Maradona
- Live: PM Modi's address at the 80th All India Presiding Officers Conference
- AMC declares 31 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19
- All Fixed to Mobile calls to be dialed with prefix ‘0’ from 15th January, 2021
- Highest in a day till date, 1540 new cases of coronavirus reported in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital Ahmedabad renews MoU with Odisha Govt for two more years
- L&T Construction awarded large contract to build India’s longest river bridge