Amit Shah tested positive for Covid-19, hospitalizedAugust 02, 2020
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah today tested positive for Covid-19. Shah himself tweeted this update on micro-blogging site twitter. Shah in his tweet said, his health is fine but he is getting admitted to hospital on advice of doctors. He requested those who came in contact with him in last few days to get tested for coronavirus and isolate themselves. 55-year old Shah is number three in Union cabinet after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defense minister Rajnath Singh. Shah also suffers from diabetes.
कोरोना के शुरूआती लक्षण दिखने पर मैंने टेस्ट करवाया और रिपोर्ट पॉजिटिव आई है। मेरी तबीयत ठीक है परन्तु डॉक्टर्स की सलाह पर अस्पताल में भर्ती हो रहा हूँ। मेरा अनुरोध है कि आप में से जो भी लोग गत कुछ दिनों में मेरे संपर्क में आयें हैं, कृपया स्वयं को आइसोलेट कर अपनी जाँच करवाएं।
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) August 2, 2020
Shah has been taken to Medanta (The Medicity) multi-specialty medical institute based in Gurgaon in Delhi-NCR region of Haryana.
In other major developments related to Covid-19 today, film actor Amitabh Bachchan has tested negative for Covid-19 infection and has been discharged from the hospital. Amitabh’s son Abhiehsk tweeted this update. In a bad news, Uttar Pradesh government’s technical education minister Kamla Rani has passed away due to Covid-19 infection and related health issues. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath cancelled his scheduled visit to Ayodhya following Kamla Rani’s death.
Leaders who have tested positive for Corona today:
1. Amit Shah, Union Home Minister, 2. Banwarilal Purohit, TN Governor, 3. BS Yediyurappa, Karnataka CM, 4. Mahendra Singh, UP Jal Shakti Minister , 5. Swatantra Dev Singh, UP BJP Chief.
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020
- Two Universities in Gujarat to get national status
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Areas
- PM Modi to inaugurate and address VAIBHAV summit on 2nd October
- News in brief from across Gujarat