Amdavad One Mall at Vastrapur vacated and sealed by AMC for non-compliance of Pandemic rulesAugust 03, 2020
Ahmedabad: Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has vacated Amdavad One Mall (known as Alpha One Mall) in Vastrapur area here for non-compliance of social distancing and mask wearing rules. The AMC officials raided the mall late in the afternoon and found non-compliance of preventive rules pertaining to Covid-19 pandemic. There was heavy rush of people in the mall due to Raksha Bandhan festival and public holiday.
AMC has sealed the mall and suspended all commercial activities in the mall. AMC has in its notice asked mall management to disinfect entire mall premises. AMC has also asked mall management that all active staffers such as security guards, house keeping staff etc will need to undergo rapid tests for Covid-19. None other than maintenance and house keeping staff will be allowed entry. The mall management will need to give undertaking that no rules pertaining to Covid-19 will be breached in future. The mall management will face criminal procedure if seal is opened or commercial activities are resumed without permission of AMC.
AMC has in its notice to mall management conveyed that as per the government guideline, owners, employees and customers are required to wear mask continuously and maintaining distance between two person is must. For last few days, these rules were not followed.
- BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
- Gujarat gets Rs 171 crore under COVID-19 Package of Centre; also gets testing equipment, reagents, PPE, N95, HCQ , ventilators
- 25 per cent cut in tuition fees of schools across all education boards in Gujarat; 100 per cent waiver in fees for other activities
- General Atlantic to invest Rs. 3,675 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures
- AMC declares 15 more Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 10
- Dy Municipal Commissioner pays Rs. 1,000 fine for not wearing mask properly in public event
- Human Rights cannot be excuse for defying law of the land: Union Home Ministry of Anmesty International
- State Wild Life Board nod to Petronet gas pipeline, other development projects