Dream close to my heart now getting fulfilled: LK AdvaniAugust 04, 2020
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party patriarch LK Advani a day before groundbreaking ceremony for construction of Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya said he feels humbled that during the Ram Janmabhoomi movement destiny made him perform a pivotal duty in the form of the Ram Rath yatra which was taken out from Somnath in Gujarat to Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh in 1990.
Advani, in a statement also referred to the temple’s construction as the fulfillment of a long pending dream.
“Sometimes significant dreams in one’s life take a long time to fruition. But when they are finally realised, the wait is worthwhile. One such dream, close to my heart is now getting fulfilled,” he said.
Referring to the temple’s construction, the veteran BJP leader said, “On this auspicious occasion, I want to express my gratitude to the scores of saints, leaders and people from India and the world over who made valuable contributions and sacrifices in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement. And I am also very happy that due to the decisive verdict of the Supreme Court in November 2019, the construction of Shri Ram Mandir is getting started in an environment of tranquility. This will go a long way in strengthening the bond between Indians.”
The day, he said, is historical and emotional not only for him but all Indians.
“It is my belief that the Ram Mandir will represent India as a strong, prosperous, peaceful and harmonious nation with justice for all and exclusion of none to truly usher in Ram Rajya, the epitome of good governance,” he said.
- Government of India issues new Guidelines for Re-opening
- 1390 new cases of Covid-19 reported in Gujarat in 24 hours
- AMC declares 11 new Micro Containment Zones; clears existing 10
- Keshubhai Patel reappointed as Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust for one more year
- BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
- Gujarat gets Rs 171 crore under COVID-19 Package of Centre; also gets testing equipment, reagents, PPE, N95, HCQ , ventilators
- 25 per cent cut in tuition fees of schools across all education boards in Gujarat; 100 per cent waiver in fees for other activities
- General Atlantic to invest Rs. 3,675 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures