Gujarat Government announces new Industrial Policy 2020August 07, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today announced new industrial policy 2020. The new policy has been declared on expiry of outgoing policy on 31st December 2019. The previous policy was extended till announcement of new policy. The new policy is divided in 15 thrust areas that are broadly in two categories 1. core sectors and 2. sunrise sectors.
Core sectors: 1.Electrical machinery & equipment 2.Industrial Machinery & equipment 3. Auto & Auto Components 4. Ceramics 5. Technical Textiles 6. Agro & Food Processing 7.Pharmaceuticals & Medical devices 8. Gems & Jewelry 9.Chemicals (in designated area).
Sunrise Sectors: 1.Industry 4.0 manufacturing 2. Electric Vehicle and its components 3. Waste management projects 4. Green Energy (Solar & Wind Equipment) 5. Eco-friendly compostable material (substitutes to traditional plastics) 6.100% export oriented units, irrespective of sector.
Detailed Gujarati press release and video of Chief Minister’s briefing and media interaction on new industrial policy 2020 are presented below:
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists
- Gujarat govt - Adani sign MoU to set up India's largest multi-model logistic park at Virochannagar near Sanand
- Gujarat Tableau to showcase Modhera Sun Temple in Republic Day Parade in New Delhi