Gujarat Government announces new Industrial Policy 2020August 07, 2020
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today announced new industrial policy 2020. The new policy has been declared on expiry of outgoing policy on 31st December 2019. The previous policy was extended till announcement of new policy. The new policy is divided in 15 thrust areas that are broadly in two categories 1. core sectors and 2. sunrise sectors.
Core sectors: 1.Electrical machinery & equipment 2.Industrial Machinery & equipment 3. Auto & Auto Components 4. Ceramics 5. Technical Textiles 6. Agro & Food Processing 7.Pharmaceuticals & Medical devices 8. Gems & Jewelry 9.Chemicals (in designated area).
Sunrise Sectors: 1.Industry 4.0 manufacturing 2. Electric Vehicle and its components 3. Waste management projects 4. Green Energy (Solar & Wind Equipment) 5. Eco-friendly compostable material (substitutes to traditional plastics) 6.100% export oriented units, irrespective of sector.
Detailed Gujarati press release and video of Chief Minister’s briefing and media interaction on new industrial policy 2020 are presented below:
- 3 IAS officers transferred; Narmada gets new Collector, Kutch gets new DDO
- HDFC Bank launches ‘Festive Treats’ 2.0 with 1000+ offers
- Government of India issues new Guidelines for Re-opening
- 1390 new cases of Covid-19 reported in Gujarat in 24 hours
- AMC declares 11 new Micro Containment Zones; clears existing 10
- Keshubhai Patel reappointed as Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust for one more year
- BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
- Gujarat gets Rs 171 crore under COVID-19 Package of Centre; also gets testing equipment, reagents, PPE, N95, HCQ , ventilators