Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: JadejaAugust 07, 2020
Vadodara: Minister of State for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja today announced Gujarat government’s decision to ban all public festivities and celebrations in upcoming festival season in order to curb spread of Coronavirus infection. Jadeja said, Janmashtami Mela, Bhadarvi Punam Mela, other fairs, Ganesh Utsav gatherings, Ganesh Murti Visarjan processions, Pad Yatra, Tajiya gathering, Tajiya Visarjan processions etc are not to be allowed in the State.
Jadeja said, various leaders associated with Bhadarvi Punam Pad yatra, Seva camps, Ganpati Mandals, Visarjan Mandals themselves made representation before the State government suggesting that such public celebrations and festivities should not be allowed this year as it can further spread Coronavirus infection.
Jadeja said, the State government will issue an order suggesting that Ganesh murti visarjan should take place at home only and murtis must be taken to river or pond for visarjan. DeshGujarat
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists
- Gujarat govt - Adani sign MoU to set up India's largest multi-model logistic park at Virochannagar near Sanand
- Gujarat Tableau to showcase Modhera Sun Temple in Republic Day Parade in New Delhi