Coast Guard rescues two boats with 15 fishermen onboard off Gujarat coastAugust 10, 2020
Porbandar: Indian Coast Guard (ICG) rescued 15 fishermen on two fishing boats stuck in heavy sea state and strong winds off Gujarat coast.
Commandant M Aggarwal of Gandhinagar based headquarters of Coast Guard region (NW) today said, a Coast Guard Ship Samudra Pavak during routine patrol received a VHF call at about 1215 hrs from IFB Harshad with 08 crew (reg. No. IND-GJ-10-MM 737) regarding engine breakdown 36 NM south west off Jakhau. In heavy sea state and strong winds, ship proceeded to the position with best speed for accessing the situation.Fishing boat ‘Harshad Sagar’ reported non-starting of engine and sought assistance.
Considering the inclement sea conditions, the boat was taken under tow and in the meanwhile another fishing boat IFB Al Labbek with 07 crew (reg. No. IND-GJ-110-MM 13876) contacted the ship on VHF for assistance view fouling of propeller with fishing nets 26 nm south west off Jakhau. Accordingly IFB Al Labbek was also taken on tow and both IFB were towed towards safety.
Subsequently, IFB Harshad and IFB Al Labbek with 15 crew were handed over to IFB Al Badri\ (reg. No. IND-GJ-15-MM 3796) arranged by owner for further towing assistance till Jakhau harbour.
- AMC seals SBR Social and other eateries in city's western areas
- Rajkot Police nabs five for black marketing of life saving Remedesivir injections
- A youth on Honda Activa dies after hit by speeding car on SG Highway
- 1411 new cases of Covid-19 detected in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones; clears existing 20
- Had to take up this issue, though it's not in my nature, for Jamnagar's good: Parimal Nathwani
- AMC releases video of non-adherence of Mask and Social Distancing norms across city
- Surendranagar gets riverfront road