Gujarat CM orders Judicial inquiry, FIR into Shrey hospital fire incidentAugust 10, 2020
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister has ordered judicial inquiry into the incident of fire in private run Shrey hospital in Navrangura area of Ahmedabad last week in which 8 Covid patients under treatment in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) died. A retired High Court judge will lead judicial probe. The State government has also ordered police to quickly file FIR in this incident. Meanwhile, two senior officers in their inquiry report handed over to the Chief Minister today have observed that fire broke out accidentally in electric medical equipment and spread across ICU in three minutes.
Minister of State for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja said, ‘the Chief Minister has taken toe incident of fire in Shrey hospital on August 6 very seriously. He had announced Rs. 4 lakh relief to kin of those dead, and Rs. 50,000 assistance to those injured. He had also ordered probe by ACS home and ACS urban development and asked to submit a report in three days. The two senior IAS officers in the course of their probe had sought details from AMC, FSL, Electrical Inspector, Fire Brigade and Police. Both officials have today submitted their report to the State government. As per primary finding of the report, fire broke out in electrical medical equipment. This was an incident of accidental fire which spread across ICU in three minutes.’
‘Taking the incident of deaths of 8 patients very seriously, the Chief Minister has decided for judicial inquiry into this incident led by retired High Court judge. The State government has also given clear order to Police to quickly file FIR in this incident,’ Jadeja further said.
- Rajkot Police nabs five for black marketing of life saving Remedesivir injections
- A youth on Honda Activa dies after hit by speeding car on SG Highway
- 1411 new cases of Covid-19 detected in Gujarat in 24 hours: State health department
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones; clears existing 20
- Had to take up this issue, though it's not in my nature, for Jamnagar's good: Parimal Nathwani
- AMC releases video of non-adherence of Mask and Social Distancing norms across city
- Surendranagar gets riverfront road
- Uidapur - Ahmedabad highway continues to remain shut due to agitation on Rajasthan side