Councillor of Surat Municipal Corporation booked by ACB in bribe caseAugust 12, 2020
Surat: Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) Gujarat today said it has booked Satish Champakbhai Patel, a sitting councillor in Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) in Rs. 15,000 bribe case.
Satish Patel is Councillor of Vadod area. He is from Congress party.
ACB has in this case also nabbed Abhiraj alias Abhi Devrajan Ejva, a private citizen and middleman who received bribe.
According to ACB, a friend of complainant in this case was constructing house. He was asked by both accused to pay bribe or face demolition of a house under-construction by SMC. Accused initially demanded Rs. 20,000 bribe, which after bargain came down to Rs. 15,000.
As complainant didn’t want to pay bribe, he contacted ACB, following which a trap was arranged in which a middle man was caught accepting bribe. Accused councillor has not been found present during trap.
- Government of India issues new Guidelines for Re-opening
- 1390 new cases of Covid-19 reported in Gujarat in 24 hours
- AMC declares 11 new Micro Containment Zones; clears existing 10
- Keshubhai Patel reappointed as Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust for one more year
- BrahMos Missile Featuring Indigenous Booster Successfully Flight Tested
- Gujarat gets Rs 171 crore under COVID-19 Package of Centre; also gets testing equipment, reagents, PPE, N95, HCQ , ventilators
- 25 per cent cut in tuition fees of schools across all education boards in Gujarat; 100 per cent waiver in fees for other activities
- General Atlantic to invest Rs. 3,675 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures