Pastor of Church in Ahmedabad booked under POCSO on complaint of minor victim girlSeptember 01, 2020
Ahmedabad: Amraiwadi based 16-year old minor girl, a student of class-11 in local school, has filed complaint in city’s Ramol police station against a pastor of Ecclesia Church which is located in Rabari Colony area. According to complaint, accused pastor who was in possession of naked pictures of victim girl had forced her to embrace Christian faith. Accused priest sent video clips to victim girl’s relatives after which this crime came to light.
Victim girl had visited Church on 25 December last year with neighbor woman. Church pastor Gulabchand had asked her to also bring her parents to church. However she didn’t covey this call to her parents. After a few days, Gulabchand’s relative called victim girl’s father over phone and invited him to Church. After a month, victim girl visited church with her parents. Later pastor himself also visited victim minor girl’s place with his relatives and aides to do Christian bhajans.
After this, pastor Gulabchand would often dial calls to victim minor girl’s father’s phone. He sent a photograph sending kiss and also said her ‘I love you’. Gulabchand would also follow a victim girl and ask her to undress over video calls. He would issue death and defame threats to her if she reveals anything to her father. Pastor would also ask victim girl to adopt Christian faith.
About a week ago, accused church pastor sent naked pictures of victim girl to distant uncle of her. Accused priest again sent pictures after two-there days. Amraiwadi Police has filed complaint against priest under section 354D, 354C, 506(2) and sections 11, 12 and 18 under POCSO act. The period of crime is shown in complaint between 25 December last year to 31 August this year. DeshGujarat
- In photos: Amdavad ahead of PM Modi's visit to inaugurate India's first water aerodrome
- ACB Gujarat nabs two senior doctors of Civil hospital in Ahmedabad in bribe case
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zones at Mainagar, Makarba, Bopal, Gota, Kubernagar, Juhapura
- L&T Construction Awarded Mega Contract to build India’s first High-Speed Rail Corridor
- India INX and ICC gears up to begin trading of Depository Receipts on the exchange
- Pidilite acquires Consumer & Bazaar business of Araldite in Indian Sub-Continent
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel passes away
- First glimpses of how Lothal National Maritime Museum would look like