Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic copsSeptember 21, 2020
Gandhinagar: Congress MLAs Gyasuddin Sheikh and Imran Khedawala were seen today attending the State assembly monsoon session, wearing flax banners on their body. They were protesting fine collection drives by police on roads.
‘Our protest is against the practice of giving to police for collection of fine. In just one month, police has collected Rs. 5.5. crore fine from the people. There’s unemployment, economic condition of people has gone worse in lockdown and the government has given target to traffic police to collect certain amount of fine from commoners,’ MLA Gyasuddin Sheikh said adding that groups of traffic cops are seen on every nook and corner in the city to implement fine collection drive, and they collect fines as high as Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 10,000 in certain cases,’ Shahpur MLA Gyasuddin Sheikh told media persons.
Jamalpur-Khadia MLA Imran Khedawala who was also wearing apron with messages and pictures said, ‘we believe in social distancing, mask wearing and sanitizer, but giving daily rank-wise fine collection targets to cops for fine collection over helmet and other reasons is something what we protest in this pandemic time.’ DeshGujarat
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Vejalpur, Bopal, Vastrapur
- Asian Games gold winner Sarita Gayakwad appointed as DySP in Gujarat Police
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates three key development projects in Gujarat
- Chemists asked to use ACSYS application to pass on details of suspected Covid-19 cases
- A new building of UN Mehta Heart hospital
- PM Modi to Interact with CEO’s of leading Global Oil & Gas Companies and Inaugurate India Energy Forum
- JK Cement announces launch of new grinding unit at Balasinor, Gujarat
- AMC declares more Micro Containment Zones