DGP Ashish Bhatia on Rajkot visit todayOctober 10, 2020
Rajkot: Hours after Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani posted a video message on his Facebook account to issue strong warning against goons, State Police Chief DGP Ashish Bhatia is visiting Rupani’s home town Rajkot, former capital of Saurashtra today. Bhatia is going to receive guard of honour. He is also going to address the press at Circuit house. He is also going to hold a meeting with senior police officials from across Saurashtra region.
DGP Bhatia had last month in his talk with the Times of India had shared the details of ‘Operation Saurashtra’ under which 41 accused who either had been on the run, or jumped parole or furlough or had escaped police custody were nabbed. The figure now might have crossed 50. As the situation of law and order in Jamnagar district of Saurashtra had gone out of hand, the DGP had last month moved one of most result oriented and efficient officers Deepan Bhadran to Jamnagar as SP. The most wanted accused, extortion and land grabbing mafia Jayesh Patel alias Jaysukh Ranparia is yet to be nabbed. Bhatia’s visit and Chief Minister’s video clip post would convey concerned persons that Gandhinagar is directly supervising the anti-goon/mafia operation and therefore wheeling dealing or nexus of local politician or police men wouldn’t matter and must not come in way.
- Amit Shah launches Covid19 RT-PCR test at Rs 499 cost; result in 6-8 hours
- AMC declares 39 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Maximum 100 persons to be allowed in wedding/reception and other celebrations: Gujarat govt
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad till 7 December: Police notification
- 1487 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Covid negative report must to enter Maharashtra from Gujarat, Delhi, Rajasthan, Goa
- Reliance Retail’s 'Vocal for Local' Mission Expands to 30,000 Artisans and over 40,000 Artisanal Products
- GIDC to prepare a feasibility report for development of a Toy Park in Gujarat