FIR against NDTV in Gandhidham over Tanishq showroom fake newsOctober 16, 2020
Gandhidham: Kutch (East) police in Gujarat has registered a complaint against Delhi based news channel NDTV over allegations of running fake news.
The FIR has been registered under section 153A (promoting enmity between groups) and section 505 (public mischief) on the basis of an application by a local person Ramesh Maitra.
NDTV had put a news item on its website claiming that Tanishq jewellery showroom in Gandhidham was attacked. However staffers of showroom and local police refuted the news item as the showroom was not attacked at all. NDTV had also tweeted same fake news and aired it on its news channels. Kutch has a vibrant local media and none had reported attack on shop. When media persons visited the showroom, not a centimeter of glass was broken in the showroom and the staff and manager firmly denied there was any attack. CCTV footage also made it clear that no attack had happened targeting the showroom.
Fake story on NDTV was run in connection with protests against Tanishq’s ad campaign allegedly promoting ‘Love Jihad.’ The protests were however largely on social media and no offline protest was violent. DeshGujarat
- SpiceJet launches 62 new domestic & international flights; to connect Ahmedabad with Muscat
- Final list of candidates in fray in 8-seat Gujarat by-polls
- PM Modi to address the nation at 6 pm today
- Mukesh Ambani pitches for push to manufacturing
- L&T wins one of contracts for Bullet Train Mumbai-Ahmedabad project for viaduct
- Arnab Goswami and Republic to sue Mumbai CP Param Bir Singh for Rs. 200 crore damages: Statement
- Quarantine guidelines for passengers at Gujarat airports
- Australia to participate in Exercise Malabar 2020 with other QUAD countries India, Japan and America