Suzuki’s Gujarat plant rolls out millionth car in 45 months, fastest Suzuki plant to achieve thisOctober 22, 2020
Gandhinagar: Suzuki Motor Gujarat (SMG), Suzuki Motor Corporation’s subsidiary in India with manufacturing plant at Hansalpur in North Gujarat today announced achieving cumulative automobile production of a million units.
With this, Gujarat plant becomes the fastest production site for the Japanese automaker to reach a million units mark in just three years and nine months since starting production in February 2017. Nearly 2,000 persons work at Gujarat plant.
SMG started production of the Maruti Baleno hatchback in February 2017, followed by the production of the Swift in January 2018, and subsequently started production for exports in March 2018. In January 2019, the second production site, B Plant, and the Powertrain Plant started operation to meet the growing needs in India and abroad.
- Three more oxygen generating plants by Vrajrajkumar led VYO inaugurated
- L&T Delivers the First Two Medical- Grade Oxygen Generation Units to Hospitals in Surat
- Gujarat Covid19 recovery rate improves to nearly 85%, active cases count sliding toward below 1 lakh
- Gujarat govt suspends Vaccination for two days across the State
- Covaxin production in Gujarat proposed
- CBI arrest two Medical Device Officers of CDSO in Gujarat in bribery case
- Rameshbhai Oza reacting to rumors clarifies he is completely healthy and well
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva on May 18 morning