Suzuki’s Gujarat plant rolls out millionth car in 45 months, fastest Suzuki plant to achieve thisOctober 22, 2020
Gandhinagar: Suzuki Motor Gujarat (SMG), Suzuki Motor Corporation’s subsidiary in India with manufacturing plant at Hansalpur in North Gujarat today announced achieving cumulative automobile production of a million units.
With this, Gujarat plant becomes the fastest production site for the Japanese automaker to reach a million units mark in just three years and nine months since starting production in February 2017. Nearly 2,000 persons work at Gujarat plant.
SMG started production of the Maruti Baleno hatchback in February 2017, followed by the production of the Swift in January 2018, and subsequently started production for exports in March 2018. In January 2019, the second production site, B Plant, and the Powertrain Plant started operation to meet the growing needs in India and abroad.
- Offense registered in Umreth for insult of national tricolor
- Six new covid hospitals added, additional beds in existing three: AMC
- AMC approves three hotels/hostel to function as Covid Care Centres
- 32 more caste groups added to the list of Bin Anamat Varg in Gujarat
- AMC announces 45 new Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad city
- 1510 new cases of coronavirus in a day in Gujarat: State Health department
- India bans 43 mobile apps
- PM Modi's remark at the meeting with Chief Ministers on Covid-19