Gujarat based leading ISKCON saint Jashomatinandandasji passes awayOctober 24, 2020
Ahmedabad: Shri Jashomatinandandasji, president of The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) Mandir Ahmedabad and Zonal Secretary of ISKCON Gujarat passed away today at 5.00 pm after prolong illness pertaining to Covid-19 infection. He was admitted for last few days in Science City road based Shalin hospital due to Covid-19 infection with co-morbid conditions, said Kalanath Chaitanya Das, vice president of Kathwada ISKCON temple.
Shri Jashomatinandandas was 72-year old. He is survived by 5 sons, 3 daughters and wife Radhakund Mataji.
Shri Jashomatinandandasji is known for building ISKCON mandirs in Ahmedabad at ISKCON circle, Kathwada and elsewhere in Gujarat. He had initiated and completed construction of 40 temples and centers of ISCKON. One of major contribution of Jashomatinandandas Maharaj was his translation of ISKCON Bhagwad Geeta and other religious books in Gujarati language.
Born in Surat, Jashomatinandandasji completed Masters studies of Structure engineering in America. He came into contact of ISKCON founder AC Bhaktivedant swami. He was direct disciple of Bhaktivedant Swami, on whose direction he returned to Gujarat and started preaching here. He conceived and executed the project of construction of Ahmedabad’s first ISKCON temple on SG Highway. He later also built another ISKCON temple in Kathwada.
- Seaplane returns to Maldives for maintenance; service suspended
- CM orders judicial inquiry into Rajkot Covid Hospital fire incident
- AMC adds 152 private covid beds; More hotels to function as Covid care centre
- AMC announces 18 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- AMC general board meeting live
- 1598 Covid cases reported in Gujarat in a day: State Health department
- ગુજરાતમાં સ્થપાઇ શકે છે લક્ઝમબર્ગની કંપનીનું એકમઃ કોવિડની રસીની દેશવ્યાપી પહોંચ માટે અત્યંત મહત્વનું
- PM shared valuable inputs on how to further strengthen vaccine development programme: Zydus Cadila