In-principle approval to concept planning and design of Sabarmati Riverfront Phase-2October 26, 2020
Ahmedabad: Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Ltd today granted in-principle approval to phase-1 concept planning and design.
Phase-2 of Sabarmati Riverfront Project
– 5.8 km addition to existing 11.5 km stretch of Riverfront East, upto Indira bridge.
– 5.2 km addition to existing 11.5 km stretch of Riverfront West, upto Indira bridge.
– With this the total length of Riverfront will be 34 km.
– Residential, commercial, active green parks, road network, stepping promenade planned on both sides of river in Phase-2.
– Green belts, tree plantation at different levels, children play areas, food plaza, art and culture, sitting arrangements at different levels etc facilities planned. Phase – 2 will be greener than existing portion of riverfront.
– Construction of barrage cum bridge to take place in order to maintain the level of water in river Sabarmati. Storage of water, sufficient to address the needs of Ahmedabad city for 10-15 days will be possible through this barrage.
– Sabarmati, Chandkheda, Motera etc areas will get direct connectivity to Hansol area and airport thanks to a barrage cum bridge. This will reduce burden of traffic on existing roads.
– Once constructed, river drive road at extended Riverfront will be used for travel between Maninagar, Narol to Gandhinagar, North Gujarat and ring road.
– Procedures to acquire 20 hectare land are going on.The Ahmedabad Cantonment Board has given consent to use around 13 hectare land, required for the project.
– Estimated cost of second phase is around Rs. 850 crore. Detailed design work will begin now for this project as concept planning and design has completed and received in principal approval. DeshGujarat
- Offense registered in Umreth for insult of national tricolor
- Six new covid hospitals added, additional beds in existing three: AMC
- AMC approves three hotels/hostel to function as Covid Care Centres
- 32 more caste groups added to the list of Bin Anamat Varg in Gujarat
- AMC announces 45 new Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad city
- 1510 new cases of coronavirus in a day in Gujarat: State Health department
- India bans 43 mobile apps
- PM Modi's remark at the meeting with Chief Ministers on Covid-19