Tent City-Kutch to open from November 12October 28, 2020
Bhuj: The ‘Tent City-Kutch’ in the White Rann of Kutch will open to welcome guests from November 12, i.e. just two days before Diwali.
“The Tent City-Kutch is spread over 5 lakh sq mt and will open for guests from November 12 to February 28. It comprises more than 350 tents, which have been set up at Dhordo village near the White Rann,” said Bhavik Sheth, Finance and Operation Manager, Lallooji & Sons.
The Tent City-Kutch comprises air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned tents. The guests have a number of affordable package options to choose from. Around 35,000 guests get a first-hand experience of the amazing hospitality of the Tent City-Kutch every year, while more than 5 lakh visitors from as many as 20 countries have visited the White Rann over the years.
Besides visiting the mesmerizing White Rann and experiencing the grandeur of the sunset in the salt desert, the Tent City-Kutch also offers an opportunity for guests to visit places such as the Kalo Dungar (Black Hill), other nearby historical monuments, and places off the usual tourist trail. The guests also get to attend a folk dance and music programmes, to watch artisans at work, and buy unique handicrafts directly from them.
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, a number of measures have been put in place in vehicles and throughout the area of the Tent City-Kutch to ensure the safety of guests, said operators.
“New cleaning and disinfection procedures have been adopted, with an increased focus on common spaces such as vehicles, reception area, dining hall, haat area, adventure sports zone, and others. The entire staff has been trained in the Covid-19 protocols and will be wearing face masks and protective equipment at all times. The whole premises will be regularly sanitized. Measures have also been put to ensure social distancing. We have left no room for any error so that guests do not have any reason to be worried,” Sheth added.
- Three more oxygen generating plants by Vrajrajkumar led VYO inaugurated
- L&T Delivers the First Two Medical- Grade Oxygen Generation Units to Hospitals in Surat
- Gujarat Covid19 recovery rate improves to nearly 85%, active cases count sliding toward below 1 lakh
- Gujarat govt suspends Vaccination for two days across the State
- Covaxin production in Gujarat proposed
- CBI arrest two Medical Device Officers of CDSO in Gujarat in bribery case
- Rameshbhai Oza reacting to rumors clarifies he is completely healthy and well
- Cyclone Tauktae likely to cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva on May 18 morning