AHNA announces discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid19November 25, 2020
Paldi: Ahmedabad Hospitals & Nursing Homes Association (AHNA) has today announced discharge criteria for patients admitted with Covid 19.
AHNA note reads: It has been observed that even when the patient can be discharged, many times, the relatives of the patients insist on not discharging the patient for various reasons. This results into blocking of beds which, if freed, can increase the availability of beds for the Covid patients.
In order to make more beds available for the patients who need hospitalisation, an expert committee of Covid treating Clinicians of Ahmedabad Hospitals & Nursing Homes Association has finalised the criteria for discharge of the Covid patients.
The patient must meet the following criteria for discharge
1. No fever for at least 48 hours
2. No hemodynamic instability: Attainment of normal pulse and blood pressure for 24 hours
3. The patient should be off oxygen for 48 hours prior to discharge
Certain patients with severe damage to the lungs and in recovering state can be discharged on home oxygen care with 1-2 litres oxygen support. However, a back up must be provided to such patients.
Criteria for transfer of Covid Patients:
A Patient will be transferred from the treating HCF to another HCF only in the following conditions:
1. The transferring Health Care Facility has non availability of critical medical equipment such as bipap or ventilator or non-functioning bipap or ventilator
2. The patient requires treatment with ECMO or CRRT and the same is not available with the Health Care Facility
3. The transferring Health Care Facility has an unfortunate event such as fire or another catastrophe
4. The transferring Health Care Facility’s Covid treating clinician is not in a position to treat due to any medical ailment
5. The transferring Health Care Facility has a major equipment failure which can impede the treatment of Covid patients
6. The transferring Health Care Facility’s designation as Covid care facility has been withdrawn by the government authorities for any reasons.
The Covid patients will not be transferred from one hospital to another hospital in the following situations:
1. The transferring Health Care Facility is a multi-specialty hospital and has the capability to manage Covid patients but has not started Covid treatment or has stopped Covid treatment.
2. The transferring Health Care Facility has all the facilities for treatment and still the patient insists on transfer
- Vloggers cover Ahmedabad Kevadiya JanShatabdi train journey experience
- Congress appoints Tamradhwaj Sahu as observer for Gujarat local body elections
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists