Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot

Rajkot: In yet another incident of fire in covid hospital, five persons have died in Gujarat. Fire broke out late in the night in Uday Shivanand covid hospital in Rajkot which is located near Anand Bungalow Chowk in Mavdi area. 33 covid patients were being treated in this hospital. Those rescued have been taken to Gokul hospital on Kuvadva road. Six patients injured in this incident of fire have been admitted to burns ward of government-run PDU Hospital.

According to Fire Brigade official, a call was received at 12.20 am. As per primary information, fire broke out on the second floor in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) due to short circuit in medical equipment. Those who lost life due to fire/smoke are identified as Ramsinhbhai, Nitinbhai Badani, Rasik Agravat, Sanjay Rathod and Keshubhai Akbari.

State Chief Minister has assigned probe into this incident to Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) AK Rakesh. He has expressed grief over deaths and announced Rs. 4 lakh relief to a kin of each victim.