Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in RajkotNovember 27, 2020
Rajkot: In yet another incident of fire in covid hospital, five persons have died in Gujarat. Fire broke out late in the night in Uday Shivanand covid hospital in Rajkot which is located near Anand Bungalow Chowk in Mavdi area. 33 covid patients were being treated in this hospital. Those rescued have been taken to Gokul hospital on Kuvadva road. Six patients injured in this incident of fire have been admitted to burns ward of government-run PDU Hospital.
According to Fire Brigade official, a call was received at 12.20 am. As per primary information, fire broke out on the second floor in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) due to short circuit in medical equipment. Those who lost life due to fire/smoke are identified as Ramsinhbhai, Nitinbhai Badani, Rasik Agravat, Sanjay Rathod and Keshubhai Akbari.
State Chief Minister has assigned probe into this incident to Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) AK Rakesh. He has expressed grief over deaths and announced Rs. 4 lakh relief to a kin of each victim.
Extremely pained by the loss of lives due to a hospital fire in Rajkot. My thoughts are with those who lost their loved ones in this unfortunate tragedy. Praying for a quick recovery of the injured. The administration is ensuring all possible assistance to those affected: PM
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) November 27, 2020
- Want BJP ticket? Give details of your social media handles, followers count, donation to Ram temple and more
- A man converses with and touches a wild crocodile, in Karjan; video goes viral
- Vloggers cover Ahmedabad Kevadiya JanShatabdi train journey experience
- Congress appoints Tamradhwaj Sahu as observer for Gujarat local body elections
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura