Bullet Train Project: L&T starts soil testing, ground surveys in GujaratJanuary 04, 2021
Gandhinagar: Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and its geotechnical subcontractors have started the soil testing and joint ground surveys in Gujarat for the construction of the 237.1 km Package C4 of the 508.17 km Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR Bullet Train), Metro Rail Guy reports.
The exercise is being conducted to reaffirm the findings of the first geotechnical investigation that was conducted on the project back in 2017. The ongoing assessment will assist in the design and construction of the line’s foundation.
The Package C4 operates elevated from Zaroli village on the Maharashtra-Gujarat border to Vadodra Station passing through four stations, namely: Vapi, Bilimora, Surat and Bharuch in Gujarat.
It is the longest of the main line’s eight packages and covers 46.66 per cent of the route. This package also consists of the construction of the depot in Surat along with 42 road crossings, 14 river crossings, six railway crossings and a 350-meter tunnel through a hill.
Workforce and machinery is being mobilised by L&T for the construction purposes. Metro Rail Guy also reports that three massive casting yards will be setup across the alignment of package C4 that runs from the Maharashtra border to Vadodra and package C6 that connects Vadodra to Ahmedabad.
- Details of Ahmedabad - Gandhinagar Metro Rail Project Phase-II and Surat Metro Rail Project ahead of Shilanyas by PM Modi
- Wearing mask mandatory even if you are alone in car and driving
- 13 houses of a Society in Ahmedabad put under Micro Containment Zone by AMC
- 11,800 vaccinated against Covid-19 on day one in Gujarat
- Snow World in Ahmedabad One Mall opens this Monday
- Power cables, towers shifted successfully, Civil construction to start soon: NHSRCL
- Prime Minister Modi to flagg off 8 new trains to Statue of Unity fame Kevadiya
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches pan-India rollout of COVID-19 vaccination drive