Gujarat government announces new Tourism PolicyJanuary 12, 2021
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat has today announced a new policy for Tourism for next five years.
-Incentives will be given to tourism development projects only in focused areas chosen for tourism development by the State government now onward.
– There was a cap of Rs. 5o crore investment and 15 per cent subsidy for investment on new hotels, resorts, amusement parks, theme parks, water parks. In new policy, a provision has been made for minimum Rs. 1 crore investment and 20 per cent incentive on that. There’s no limit for maximum investment. Even if Rs. 500 crore sum is invested, we will give 20 per cent incentive on that.
– We want more convention centers to be set up with capacity of as big as 5,000 or 10,000 capacity. Minimum 2,500 capacity will only be considered for incentive to convention centre project. 15 per cent incentive on investment will be given. In such investment, land cost will not be considered.
– 15 per cent subsidy will be given to resorts, NABH accredited wellness resorts.
– For amusement parks, water parks, theme parks, Rs. 50 crore will be minimum investment considered and 15 per cent subsidy will be given for investment in the range of Rs. 50 core to Rs. 500 crore. For the projects with more than Rs. 500 crore investment, we will give 15 per cent subsidy plus land on lease in case of amusement parks.
– Tented accommodation, in focused area with upto Rs. 50 lakh investment will be given 15 per cent incentive.
– For adventure and sports tourism, instead of current requirement of Rs. 1 crore investment and 10 per cent incentive, there shall be 15 per cent incentive, maximum Rs. 15 lakh.
– We want to start Caravan tourism in Gujarat for which the government will offer 15 per cent subsidy in limit of Rs. 10 lakh on investment.
– 15 per cent subsidy will be given for e-vehicles such as battery operated two-wheeler, three-wheeler, four-wheeler, electric taxi etc, registered locally in respective focused area chosen for tourism.
– Foreign tourists in hotel-resort registered with Gujarat Tourism will get five per cent discount on stay and ten per cent discount on shopping at Garvi Gujarat stores.
– Rs. five lakh subsidy will be given in case of cultural fairs oriented tourism.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi in Gujarat to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)