8 trains to link Statue of Unity fame Kevadiya to rest of the parts of the countryJanuary 13, 2021
Statue of Unity: Statue of Unity fame Kevadiya in Narmada district of Central Gujarat will be linked to Varanasi, Dadar, Hazrat Nizamuddin (Delhi), Rewa and Chennai through Express trains. The city of Ahmedabad will be linked to Kevadiya through Jan Shatabdi Express. A MEMU (The Mainline Electric Multiple Unit) train will also be run to link Kevadiya with Pratapnagar (Vadodara).
These trains will be virtually flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Janaury 17, when he will also inaugurate a new railway station at Kevadiya, about five km away from Statue of Unity, the tallest statue in the world.
A new eco friendly railway station at Kevadiya will have water harvesting and solar system attached. Rs. 691 crore sum has bene spent for 80 km railway line to link Kevadiya. While works on 30 km Vadodara-Dabhoi line and 18 km Dabhoi-Chandod line are completed, a 32-km line connecting Chandod to Kevadiya is nearly completed. Rs. 20 crore eco friendly Rail Bhavan will have solar panels atop to generate power.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi in Gujarat to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)