Flyovers on Sarkhej – Gandhinagar road, new Narmada river bridge to complete by August: Nitin PatelJanuary 14, 2021
Gandhinagar: Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel today inaugurated a newly constructed flyover at Uvarsad junction and a ten-lane road connecting Tri Mandir in Adalaj to Hanuman mandir, which he described as Gujarat’s widest road in his knowledge.
Patel in his address said, another flyover at Sargasan junction on road to Gandhinagar will be opened for traffic by the end of the month of February, soon after the model code of conduct is lifted post local elections.
He said, another flyover at Infocity junction in Gandhinagar will be opened in the month of March, just when the budget session of State assembly will be in progress.
A flyover at Khodiyar container depot will also be completed by the end of the month of February, he said.
A flyover on Vaishnodevi junction at SG highway will be constructed by March end this year.
Patel said, works are in progress across the State to replace 58 railway crossing with flyover/underpass and near complete.
‘Ahmedabad-Mumbai rail route witnesses traffic of 250 trains everyday. At many places, railway crossing remains shut for longer than it is opened. Imagine the trouble, local commuters would face. We are replacing all of them with flyover/underpass,’ he said.
Patel said, Rs. 300 crore Narmada river bridge connecting Bharuch and Ankleshwar which would ease the burden of traffic on Sardar bridge will be completed by March this year. 90 per cent works on this bridge project are over, he added.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)