Narendra Modi appointed Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust unanimouslyJanuary 18, 2021
Prabhas Patan: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been appointed Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust, said PK Lehri, a Trustee of Shri Somnath Trust. Shri Narendra Modi has been already a Trustee of Shri Somnath Trust. The decision to make him Chairman was taken today in 120th meeting of Shri Somnath Trust which was convened virtually via live video conferencing. Narendrabhai’s name as new Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust was proposed by Trustee and union Home minister Amit Shah and supported by another Trustee and former Chief Secretary of Gujarat, PK Lehri. A unanimous decision to appoint Shri Modi as Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust was taken in this meeting. The post of Chairman of Shri Somnath Trust was vacant after passing away of outgoing Chairman Trustee Keshubhai Patel. Shri Modi had become Trustee of Shri Somnath Trust in 2009. He was Chief Minister of Gujarat then. DeshGujarat
Official note by PIB
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has attended the meeting of Shree Somnath Trust today. The meeting was held via video conferencing. The Trustees paid tributes to Late Shri Keshubhai Patel, ex-Chairman of the Trust.
The Trustees unanimously chose Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi as the next Chairman of the Trust, to guide it in the times to come. The Prime Minister accepted the responsibility and also appreciated the efforts of Team Somnath. He expressed hope that together, the Trust will be able to further improve infrastructure, accommodation arrangements, recreation facilities and help establish stronger connection of the pilgrims with our great heritage. A review of the facilities, ongoing activities and projects was also carried out during the meeting.
Some of the illustrious past Chairpersons of the Trust include Respected Jamsaheb Digvijaya Singh Ji, Shri Kanaiyalal Munshi, Former Prime Minister of India Shri Morarji Desai, Shri Jay Krishna Hari Vallabh, Shri Dineshbhai Shah, Shri Prasanvadan Mehta and Shri Keshubhai Patel.
- A woman full of life dies of suicide after making a video; husband booked
- TV reports on hike in fertilizer prices false, misleading, Congress sponsored: Faldu
- Gujarat High Court to have its channel on Telegram app
- AMC announces five more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- Mankind to set up Rs. 1100 crore pharmaceuticals plant in Vadodara
- 59 AAP candidates lost deposits in Surat; 100% lost deposits in 3 other cities: CR Patil
- Top 5 Most popular Gujarati Dramas on YouTube for free watch in full length
- India moves closer to '2G mukt Bharat' with new Jiophone 2021 offer